➤➤➤ Deadline: May 29, 2017
The Christian Benoît Award is delivered periodically by the Association Christian Benoît (**). It is given to promising young scientists in the domain of SPEECH and FACE-TO-FACE COMMUNICATION. It can concern basic or applied research projects.
The Award provides the elected scientist with financial support for the development of a short-term research project that:
- illustrates concretely the achievements of her/his research work
- could help promoting this work in the scientific community and to Grant Agencies
- gives an overall view of the state of the art in the research domain.
The proposed research project can have the form of a demonstrator, a technical product or of a pedagogical multi-media product (Movie, Web-site, interactive software…).
The Award is valued at 7,500 Euros(*).
The commitments of the elected scientist are:
- to attend the Interspeech2017 Conference in Stockholm, Sweden
- to deliver the final product of the project within 2 years
- to present her/his results in a workshop such as, among others, AVSP, ISSP, or SpeechProsody.
In the application, the candidate should provide
- a statement of research interests (2 pages max),
- a detailed curriculum vitae including the list of a selection of the most relevant publications for the project.
- a description of the proposed short-term research project (15 pages max) . The description should include a presentation of the scientific and/or pedagogical objectives and of the methodological aspects, a link with the former research work of the applicant, as well as a detailed description of the provisional budget.
Applications will be evaluated by an international committee including experts in the field of Speech and Face-to-Face communications and representatives of the Institutions supporting the award.
before Monday May 29, 2017
Electronic submissions are mandatory.
The successful candidate will be notified by June 19, 2017. The Award will be delivered at the Interspeech 2017 Conference in Stockholm (Sweden) (www.interspeech2017.org)
For further information, please contact Pascal Perrier.
* 3,500 Euros will be given immediately; the remaining 4,000 Euros will be available at reception of the multi-media project by the Christian Benoît Association. Travel and registration costs necessary to attend the Interspeech 2017 Conference will have to be paid on this grant.
** For details about the Association Christian Benoît and the past awardees of the Christian Benoît Award see http://www.gipsa-lab.fr/acb/